Preparation time30 min
Cooking time80 min
- 225 g shredded cassava (in frozen bags from specialized supermarkets / or fresh if soaked for 2-3 hours)
- 75 ml coconut milk
- 20 g sugar
- 25 g mung beans
- 1 teaspoon of tapioca starch
- 1 teaspoon sweetened condensed milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 pinch of salt
If the cassava is fresh:
- Cut and peel the turmeric by removing a good layer of bark.
- Then soak it for several hours in water with a little salt.
- Grate the cassava, keeping the juice separate from the cassava.
- Let this juice settle and filter it to recover the deposit at the bottom. It will be incorporated into the cake with the grated cassava afterwards.
If you use frozen cassava:
- Thaw the cassava in a large container.
- Heat the oven to 200°C
- Soak the peeled mung beans (yellow) in water for 1 hour.
- Cook the beans in a pot of water (1 cm above the beans) for 20 min. Make sure that they do not stick to the bottom.
- Purée the beans.
- In a bowl, mix the coconut milk, mung bean purée and manioc.
- Add sugar, vanilla extract, tapioca starch and a pinch of salt.
- Mix to obtain a homogeneous paste.
- Pour the preparation into a greased mold and place in the oven at mid-height at 180°C for 1 hour.
- Leave the cake to cool down a little before removing it from the pan.
- Serve warm.
|Proteins (g)||Carbohydrates (g)||Sugars (g)||Lipids (g)||Saturated fatty acids (g)||
|Fibers (g)||Sodium (mg)|
The nutritionist's advice:
Cassava is a starchy food that has its place in a balanced diet. This cake can also be enjoyed for breakfast or as a snack with fresh fruit.
My Health Partner provide personalized, certified, and updated content for patients with multiple cardiovascular risks to have a healthier life. Follow our daily activities and recipes to reduce your risk of cardiovascular events.
My Health Partner is developed and approved by experts: Therapeutic aera experts, patient organizations and nutritionists.
The content is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.
Last modified date: 7/4/2022