Why should I stay active?
Being active will:
- help you lose weight or maintain a healthy weight
- increase the amount of glucose used by the muscles for energy, so it may sometimes lower blood glucose (sugar) levels
- help the body to use insulin more efficiently – regular activity can help reduce the amount of insulin you have to take
- improve your diabetes management (particularly type 2 diabetes)
- strengthen your bones
- reduce stress levels and symptoms of depression and anxiety
- improve your sleep
NHS website – Type 2 diabetes : food and keeping active. https://www.nhs.uk/conditions/type-2-diabetes/food-and-keeping-active/
My Health Partner provide personalized, certified, and updated content for patients with multiple cardiovascular risks to have a healthier life. Follow our daily activities and recipes to reduce your risk of cardiovascular events.
My Health Partner is developed and approved by experts: Therapeutic aera experts, patient organizations and nutritionists.
The content is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical advice. Always seek the advice of your physician or other qualified health provider with any questions you may have regarding a medical condition.
Last modified date: 7/4/2022